Your Brain (my brain) on Stress and Anxiety. We are often advised to reduce stress in our lives. Sometimes life events can relentlessly throw stress our way. It is what we do during this time that cam make all the difference in surviving and/or thriving.

In Ten days from today I will be giving my impact statement in court about how childhood sexual abuse, committed by Br Bernard Joseph Hartman from the Marianist order, USA, has affected my physical and mental health, Human relationships and general life experience. Documenting this information has been a long and painful experience. While undergoing the process it has been very important to recognize when stress is creeping up to overwhelm my senses. I am well practiced at mindful techniques and relaxation therapies to re-establish emotional equilibrium when anxiety takes over. You can find many such techniques on my blog. Sometimes life is difficult to navigate and I believe that kindness to yourself at these times is most valuable in self soothing and calming unwanted and often unpleasant  biological and psychological sensations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life