Sexual Assault Survivors Want Less Police, More Trauma-Informed Professionals — Especially For Black Victims : Sammy Caiola

I can personally attest to the difficult experiences that are face while reporting sexual assault to the police and then undergoing the judicial system. During the very long process of having my childhood abuser, Brother Bernard Hartman arrested and then convicted and jailed, I felt very alone and invisible. I felt more like a statistic than a person for most of the time. I believe that with Trauma Informed Practices in place throughout every level of the process, I might have spent much more of that time of my life actually living, and not merely existing.

Mairead

https://www.capradio.org/articles/2020/07/28/sexual-assault-survivors-want-less-police-more-trauma-informed-professionals-especially-for-black-victims/?fbclid=IwAR1i2lx4n1NsEsJ0kd1e3-9Yu8ofFDfMNLQk7z8c8kEEd9JKXETa0uKGBEY




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life