Are self-help books worth it? By Douglas Eby - As some one who will be publishing my own mental health self help book within the next twelve months, I find this article very true to form. There is a lot of misleading stuff out there, written by people who have no training, qualifications and have poorly researched data to back up claims. This type of poor information may lead vulnerable people to follow sometimes dangerous practices exacerbating rather than elevating symptoms. In my book, The Circle of Genuine Meaning, I encourage individuals to explore all ideas with curiosity, question philosophies that go against the values of your inner wisdom and find your own truth. I also encourage you to ask for help from your doctor, mental health practitioner or telephone hotline counsellor if you are triggered during engagement with my book or any other self help material.


http://talentdevelop.com/4198/are-self-help-books-worth-it/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life