Recovery from trauma often results in facing difficult challenges on order to reach a sense of recovery. I have found mindfulness practice has enabled me to find joy in my every day experiences while undergoing life's challenges. Being present and appreciating the "Now" has helped me to not dwell in my past trauma but acknowledge it's affects on my life and turn them into positives in my present. I can't change the past but I can live a wondrous life today.

Excerpt from the Hero's Journey - Joseph Campbell

The warrior’s approach is to say “yes” to life: “Yea” to it all.
Participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world.
We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy.
When we talk about settling the world’s problems, We’re barking up the wrong tree.
The world is perfect. It’s a mess. It has always been a mess.
We are not going to change it.
Our job is to straighten out our own lives.
We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life