We are going through an extremely difficult time in our family at the moment. My youngest daughter, 22, was hit by a car while riding her push bike to work 5 weeks ago. She fractured her back, punctured the fluid sack around her spinal cord and suffered some minor injuries as well. I have been dedicating a great deal of my time to her, as you can imagine and next week, when released from hospital, she will be moving back into the family home. My Daughter is one of Nine children and it has been very important for me to take time to not only support her but also support the others while at the same time appreciating and sharing their every day experiences which are important to them. Our lives still contain laughter and I am finding that all siblings are now sharing stories from the past that seem to be rising into consciousness. We are very lucky to have my daughter still with us. This tragedy could have been much more devastating. The article below references small children and their siblings and although my children are all adults, I am noticing subtle similarities. I hope that if you find your self in a situation where your sibling or child is suffering from a long term illness of injury, that you might find some helpful information here.

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/family-life/family-home/siblings-of-sick-children-suffer-too-20130923-2u8ns.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life