Ready, Set, Draw :: A Free Printable Drawing Guide -

       When working as an art therapist I am often confronted with the statement, "Art therapy isn't for me....I can't draw!" To this I share that Art Therapy is about the experience, not about the end product. When delving further into the statement, what we often discover is that the person can, in fact, draw but they may be finding difficulty in appreciating their creation because of self-judgement due to comparing their work to another person's work. This may be a hang over reaction from a negative comment made by someone in the past, a result of a self critical moment or any number of occurrences. Imagine if you never swam, ran, cooked, sang, loved or lived because someone from your past did it "better" than you. I believe that every one is capable of creativity and expression, particularly when that creation is for you and about you. I encourage you to throw away the encompassing thoughts from the past and give creativity another go.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life