Will there ever be an end to re-experiencing my childhood trauma? Mairead Ashcroft 19/2/16

             

          As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am told by some, (who have little understanding of what it is like to be a survivor of sexual abuse ) that, "I must be so happy that it's all over." I often don't bother to explain what it is like for me now that Hartman is in prison for his crimes against me and others. I really don't believe that people who make such a statement have given any thought at all about what I might be feeling. I didn't believe that many people were taking enough notice of the truths of how horrific such a journey is until now.

Australian comedian, actor, musician and activist released the song "Come Home"Cardinal Pell on Wednesday evening and now all of Australia are talking about abuses committed by members of the Catholic church for many,  many years but particularly during  t he time in which Cardinal Pell held positionwithin the Catholic church hierarchy.This song has raised my hopes that regardless of what happens during the Royal Commission, Australia will never see any institution be seen to be above the law. My heart goes out to my peers, those who have suffered at the hands of  clergy and lay members of the church. I also  care deeply for those who have suffered through  abuses suffered by them because of family members and others who have treated children with such evilness.
       
          The fact that Pell is still claiming that he is too ill to come to Australia to face the Commissioners and survivors is like rubbing vinigar into my deep, deep wounds. I am experiencing sharp internal pain, heart and breathing difficulties and recurrent nightmares. I am so sad that my peers and I are being treated with such disrespect. 
          Despite whether you personally feel that Pell has answered to victims by appearing to the Royal Commission twice or not,it is the Australian Government and people wish that Pell attend. We live in a democratic country where parliament make rules to enhance the safety of our country and all who live here. The protection of children is paramount and to make effective laws, all avenues for valuable information must be followed. Pell has been offered medical attendants to travel with him to ensure his safety. I will not call Pell or Hartman names and I will not hate the haters but this does not mean that I do not hold anger. I am now in my Fifties and am still disturbed and physically sick because of childhood trauma. I intend, as usual, to do my best to help others and live an honourable life while endeavouring to Live My Bliss.
Mairead 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life