I have just accepted the position of Peer Support Worker in the mental health department of St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne - Emergency Department. This role is relatively new to the mental health industry and I hope to be part of it's growth, filling an important need in the mental health community. In my new position I will be a bridge between the Crisis & Assessment Treatment Service (CATS), Emergency Department Mental Health (EDMH) & Psychiatric Triage - psychiatric advice, screening and assessment (24hrs/7 days) and intensive community-based treatment for people in the acute phase of psychiatric illness. An extended triage function provides short term support for people until they are engaged with appropriate primary care or private psychiatry services. Tel: 1300 558 862


 This powerful speech by Mental Health Peer Support Worker Frances Skerritt,
gives an insight into my new role.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life