The Life and Times of Frida Kahlo - Documentary



12 years ago, the story of Frida Khalo inspired me to pursue my best possible recovery. Freda is a heroine, showing the power of inner strength. her life was short and her accident was tragic but her life was golden. I was sitting in a wheel chair, in a physical rehabilitation  hospital, suffering from long term chronic pain. I was unable to cut my own food, walk without support or sleep without opiate based pain killers. But I could hold a pencil.

Then I discovered Freda through a movie based on her life. I  was encouraged by her strength to work on my recovery and come to terms with my pain. Like Freda, I had lost a child and understood the grief of having a part of me die. Unlike Freda, I was then was gifted by the universe with four wonderful children who have enriched my life beyond bounds. Like Freda, I rejected my femininity in my early life and was a misfit in the circles of my community. Like Freda, I fought a powerful force to raise awareness of an unjust system. Like Freda I fell deeply in love with a robust, older man who loves me beyond the moon and back but.

And Like Freda, I discovered the power of Art, Music and Philosophy. I have used  the power of the arts to give my life beauty, joy and the freedom of expression. I am living an enriched life which still has pain, still holds grief and still causes moments of fear. I now use these experiences as vehicles of transformation.

Live your Bliss

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life