The "P Factor" - A term that I created to explain the things that most strongly influence my understanding of my world - Pain, Past experience, Pay off, Perception, Personal story, Persona, Perspective, Politics, Practicalities and Practice. Mairead Ashcroft 17/5/16

I was raised in a generation where to learn was to be told something by someone who knew better and to never question the validity of what was being taught. Life lessons were to be taken as gospel whether they came from a teacher, religious leader, any adult in my community or the in crowd. In order to fit in, it was required of me to follow the mainstream and follow the same beat as everyone else. Needless to say, I chose not to fit in.

I was no great rebel and I never stood out in a crowd until I was confronted with injustice of others.
This happened at an early age. I would rather face corporal punishment on a regular basis than agree with something that was unjust or hurtful to another. I stood up to bullies in defence of others, even when the bully was a teacher, parent or peer. I questioned their motives and how such behaviours could be tolerated by the main body of my community. Why were others not questioning the unfairness around them? Why were people being valued differently? Why did Santa bring lots and lots of presents to some kids while a family of three shy sisters that I grew up with and had holes in their shoes, never got new shoes or toys for Christmas? As an adult, of course, I know the answer. Life isn't fare!

The big question that I have is, why should we just lay down an accept this?
Amtasprache was a term used by German soldiers during World War Two. This word was invented by Officers so that responsibility cold be denied by those who ordered and  conducted   murders, starvation, rape and the torture of many kinds. Amtasprache -"I had to, it's policy." It is this type of thinking that allowed the Holocaust, the Irish Potato Famine, irradiation of native peoples and their cultures and today we turn a blind eye to the devastation and suffering of people who are looking for sanctuary on our shores and the plight of the Australian aboriginal people. And Let's not even go to Global Warming because according to those who hold the purse strings, it doesn't exist.
I strongly believe that the reason such atrocities continue and will continue to occur is because society as a whole are frightened to stand out or cause any ripples in a perceived tranquil pond. If the status-quo in the lives of others can be destroyed, can it then be possible that we may fall pray to similar pain through association. Is it better to continue on our own merry ways, minding our own business in order to protect our own loved ones and the society that we love, no matter the cost to land, people, animals and the earth?
What is reality and what do I manifest in my own mind in order to create a safer environment for myself? When I think about my own truths, if there is such a thing, I question what I personally call the "P Factor", the things that most strongly influence my understanding of my world - Pain, Past experience, Pay off, Perception, Personal story, Persona, Perspective, Politics, Practicalities and Practice. I think and feel all of these factors in the realm of Mind, Body and Spirit.  How much influence do these things have on my understanding of truth. One persons truth may not be the experience of another persons truth. Is a lie held by the majority a new truth? Is a truth which is not beneficial to the masses no longer seen as a truth?


 As Einstein said. "Question Everything." Without questions we fall into the trap of living in a world where injustice is the norm, the squeakiest wheels get the oil, and the rich get richer. It may seem difficult to change the world that we have created on a massive scale but we can make changes in our own environments. We can support those who have no words to find their voice. We can create  fairness in our personal surroundings. We can show understanding to those who may be experiencing confusion. We can question those who say that there is only one way. We can find beauty in the multitudes of grey that lie between societies dualistic black and white perceptions. We can support each other, human to human. We can question injustice and others sense of truth.
Live your bliss
Mairead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life