Frida Kahlo: identity in art Role model for generations of artists, bisexual women and people with disabilities : By Marijke Everts

https://www.europeana.eu/en/blog/frida-kahlo-identity-in-art?fbclid=IwAR0RN8sPdFSshFT4dntv56vbdAxCu9sOwWkHWLQySY8j8e0pJXPE8q0x3L4 



Freda Kahlo has had an
enormous influence on my career choices. It was through the example of her bravery, and the helping hand of a generous stranger, that I became a Creative Arts Therapist.  

I too, suffer with chronic pain, I too have my daemons, and I to express my pain and triumphs in expressive ways. When I was first introduced to her work, I was using a walking stick for pain and suffering with multiple seizures and chronic fatigue. 

During my years of therapy and while working on my recovery, I gained my qualifications in Art Therapy and Holistic Counselling. When I needed extra support, I would play "FREDA", the 2002 biographical movie, to recharge my inspiration. I am still in recovery as there is no cure for my ailments, but my management is helped so much by engaging in creativity , expressing gratefulness and celebrating what works well and by being kind to myself and others as we all face our individual challenges.

Live your Bliss
Mairead


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21 DIY Creative Crafts for Adults - By Abun & Life